Sitio web Palomar College
Starting salary range: $60,900.42 ? $96,764.88 annually.
Must meet one of the sets of qualifications listed under a) through c):
a) A Master’s degree in Spanish.
b) A Master’s in another language or linguistics AND a Bachelor’s in the language being taught.
c) A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of the qualifications in either a) or b) above. You must complete and attach the Application for Equivalency form (www.palomar.edu/hr/equivalency-app/), if you do not possess the specific minimum qualifications as stated above, which includes degrees that have not been awarded at the time of submitting the application.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org.
1. Commitment to a student learning-centered college.
2. Evidence of a strong commitment to remain current in Spanish and its instructional program.
3. Demonstrated excellence in teaching Spanish.
4. Familiarity with and appreciation for the language and culture of all Spanish speakers.
5. Experience teaching any language course at the community college level or its equivalent.
6. Demonstrated participation in professional growth and development activities that enhance innovation and improvement of teaching.
7. Language proficiency in Spanish and English.
8. Demonstrated active learning techniques in the classroom.
9. Knowledge and application of California state educational initiatives that impact teaching and learning.
10. Demonstrated interest and/or experience in engagement with the college and broader community.
11. Experience with learning management systems or teaching distance/online education classes.
Para aplicar en este puesto visite la siguiente dirección: http://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/20109 →