Sitio web Santa Clara University
The Department of Modern Languages & Literatures of Santa Clara University, a Jesuit, Catholic university, seeks applicants for a tenure-track (Assistant Professor) position in Spanish Studies, with a specialization in Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition and Pedagogy. The successful candidate must demonstrate intellectual breadth, the ability to build curricular connections with other disciplines (e.g. STEM, Business, Political Science, Women?s and Gender Studies, Sociology, Communications, Psychology, etc.) and experience and expertise in language program development so as to contribute to our department?s continued efforts to promote global competence in the Jesuit model of education.
Competitive salary, Full benefits package.
The following are required of all candidates:
– Ph.D. (in hand at time of application) in the field of Hispanic Linguistics, with a specialization in areas such as second language acquisition, sociolinguistics/language variation or psycholinguistics, and sub-specialization and/or significant experience in any of the following: Translation/Interpretation, Spanish for heritage speakers, Language testing and assessment, Corpus Linguistics, Spanish for the professions, or other related areas.
– Significant experience and expertise with communicatively-oriented, proficiency and Standards-based language instruction and assessment and program placement, articulation and assessment.
? Native or near native proficiency (oral & written production and comprehension) skills in Spanish and English
– Evidence of at least two years of excellence in teaching as instructor of record in Spanish language at elementary and intermediate university levels
– Evidence of creativity in curriculum innovation
– Ability and desire to build curricular connections and engage in course development with other disciplines (e.g. STEM, Business, Political Science, Women?s and Gender Studies, Sociology, Communications, Psychology, etc.)
– Ability to promote diversity within curriculum (esp. with respect to traditionally underrepresented or marginalized groups) and departmental extracurricular activities (cultural events, outreach, etc.)
– Solid proficiency with digital technologies and social media as they relate to teaching, research and service
– Ability to serve as a mentor to students, especially those of diverse backgrounds
– Demonstrate interest and potential in mentoring undergraduates in research and/or internships
– Ability and interest in enhancing students? learning experience outside of the classroom, including organizing cultural events, academic presentations, etc.
– Willingness and skills to contribute significantly to program and departmental growth and diversification, and to take on and be effective in important faculty leadership roles in the near and far term
– Demonstrate evidence of a rigorous and sustainable research agenda
– Interest in and ability to integrate research and teaching
– Demonstrate understanding and support of the University?s Jesuit mission
– Demonstrate potential to contribute to one or more departmental, College, or University priorities, or connection to SCU Centers of Distinction (Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education, Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Markkula Center for Applied Ethics)
– Ability to work in a collegial and collaborative manner with department and university colleagues to help address priorities and achieve goals
Para aplicar en este puesto visite la siguiente dirección: http://jobs.scu.edu/postings/7520 →