Sitio web George Fox University
George Fox University announces an open rank tenure-track faculty position in Spanish to begin in August 2019. We seek a broadly trained generalist with research interests in Latin America. The successful candidate will teach a range of Spanish acquisition and Latin American culture and literature classes for majors, non-majors, and Spanish heritage speakers. Service as department chair for the Department of World Languages is desired, though not required.
– PhD in Spanish or a related field (e.g. Applied Linguistics, Latin American Studies) required. Applicants who are ABD in a PhD program will be considered, but must have an earned PhD by the time of appointment.
– Familiarity with ACTFL proficiency rating system is required.
– ACTFL Oral Spanish Proficiency at the level of Superior or Distinguished is required; native Spanish proficiency is preferred.
– Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
– Broad knowledge of culture and cultural products of Latin America is required; extended or multiple experiences living in Spanish-speaking region(s) preferred.
– A commitment to working with a diverse population of students (including students of color, first-generation college students, international students, etc.) is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred. Experience working with and teaching heritage Spanish speakers is preferred.
– A record of relevant scholarship or the demonstrated ability to establish a relevant scholarly program is essential.
– All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at a rank aligned with experience is anticipated. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should complete a faculty application through this website only. Attach a cover letter, integration of faith and learning essay, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a concise description of research plans. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin October 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Para aplicar en este puesto visite la siguiente dirección: http://gefoxfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/262642-47329.html →